Saturday, July 12, 2014

Recipe: Homemade granola

Like I mentioned in my last post, I made granola yesterday. I was so excited to wake up today morning and have a nice breakfast of greek yogurt, homemade granola and strawberries. It was delicious! The granola is grunchy and sweet (even too sweet to my liking). Next time I would add less sugar and I would keep it in the oven a bit less that I did yesterday because the granola is quite hard. But despite these two mistakes I still love the granola so much! It's not entiarly healthy because it does have quite a lot of sugar in it. I used healthier sugar: rawsugar.
I got the recipe from Byron Talbott's youtube channel. I will copy the ingradience list and the video here! It's so easy to make it, I promise ;)

INGREDIENTS: 

1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
1 1/2 cups Honey
1/2 cup H2O
1/4 cup Grape seed oil
3 cups Rolled Oats
1/2 cup pistachio
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup sliced macadamia nut
1/2 cup hazelnut meal
pinch of salt



I personally didn't measure the nuts. And I didn't use all the nuts he did. I just added everything I wanted, as much as I wanted. I also added a bit of raisins. Overall, you should give this granola a try ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment