Thursday, January 1, 2015

Book to read..or not to ?!

I love reading. Always have, always will. I used to write long book reviews, but now I don't find so much time to write so much about each book. My average is to read 2 books in a month. I work so I don't have tons of free time to read, but I like to read on my way to work and on my way back and also before I got to sleep at night (but surely not everyday I have strength to read). Anyway, I decided to write here shortly of each book that I have read since September. 

"Across the Universe" by Beth Revis - it is the first book of that series. It's about a girl whose family and herself will be frozen and they are travelling across the universe and after 300 years they should be unfrozen when they arrive another planet. But the main character wakes up way earlier than planned and where she finds herself is not what she expected..
"Mad About the Boy" by Helen Fielding - It's the new book of Bridged Jones. I actually have not read any other Bridget Jones books, only seen the movies. But I really enjoyed "Mad About the Boy" (and now I understand its love and popularity). It was very funny and light hearted and just a fun easy read! 
  
"The Beginning of Everything" by Robyn Schneider - I really enjoyed reading this book for some reason. I liked that I knew nothing about that book.. I only had heard that it's good. So, I ordered it and enjoyed reading without knowing what's the story-line. It was again an easy read, but at the same time it made you think about many things in life. I don't want to say too much about it, but you can find more about it on goodreads
"The Book Thief" by Markus Zucak - I had heard about that book (and the movie) a lot, but never really had chance to read. Finally my workmate also read it and recommended and then I decided to order and read it as well. I might say it took me quite long to read it.. it really needed much attention and concentration. It was about a girl in Hitler Germany..that's all I want to say about that. She loves reading before she even knows how to. I have not yet seen the whole movie (just the beginning), but it seems that the book is much deeper and has much more to offer than the movie. Even though it took me a while to read it through I really enjoyed it and it was such a good and eye opening book!
"The Year I Met You" by Cecelia Ahern - I didn't have to know anything about the book to know that I would love it. It's written by my all time favorite author and I love absolutely all her books. I never have to disappoint. I love that feeling when her new book arrives and I can lost myself in reading it and discovering all its beauty! Ohhh.. I love it :) The Year I Met You was so interesting, heart warming, funny, sad, realistic and much much more. It's about a woman who must be in gardening leave. She must wait a year until she can work again. And that year helps here to figure out a lot about her life..and she has a help from her neighbor..they help each other!
"If I Stay" by Gayle Forman - I didn't plan to read that book, I only wanted to see the movie. But I had no time to go to the movies so I ended up buying the book and reading it. I must say it was pretty average and nothing special. It felt too obvious and too easy to read. Even the sentences were somehow too easy. I cannot really explain it.. Later I saw the movie too and it also was very average, but definitely a bit emotional. The book should have a second part as well, but I haven't read it and I'm not sure if I will.. Maybe. 
"Will Grayson, Will Grayson" by John Green and David Levithan - for some reason I really love John Green books - I have read all of them now and I'm a fan. It was fun to read that book because it was written by two authors and they both created a character Will Grayson. At first I was a bit confused and didn't realize that the second chaper Will Grayson is not the same Will Grayson who was in the first chapter. From that on I understood that the same Will Grayson appeared every other chapter. It was interesting to read about their lives and see how their lives cross. 
"Orange is the New Black" by Piper Kerman - I actually have not finished reading that book yet, but I still decided to add it here. I like that it's based on a true story. I know many people have seen the tv series, but I have not (I might start watching them when I finish reading the book). Piper writes so honestly and with great details about her life and how she ended up in a prison for over a year. She describes her prison life and makes you feel her own feelings during that time of her life. I have read only 70 pages so far, but I have already balled my eyes out and I am hooked on her story!

This year I also try to do these little book sums up in about every 3 months. Mostly for myself to see what and how much I read, but also to give some recommendations.

I really enjoy watching THIS youtube channel. She gives very good book recommendations and you can hear about new books :) I have bought many books that she's been talking about and I have loved them a lot!



No comments:

Post a Comment